The Pharmaceutical Quality Group is the longest established of the CQI's special interest groups, which for over 30 years has met the needs of quality professionals within the pharmaceutical industry by:
- Providing a forum for support for the trainee and newly Qualified Person (QP) and on-going advice and support for all QPs
- Arranging regular meetings on quality assurance, good manufacturing practice and 'hot-topics'
- Developing monographs which provide guidance on a range of regulatory requirements
- Developing GMP Application Standards and guidance for suppliers to the pharmaceutical industry
- Managing a Certification Scheme for suppliers of materials to the pharmaceutical industry
- Acting as the focus for regular liaison with representatives of the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI)
- Organizing co-operative ventures and meetings with several other groups e.g. IPEC, IPAC-RS, with which it shares a common interest
- Maintaining a ‘Members only’ area on its website which provides much up to date information.
The PQG maintains its own site, www.pqg.org, where you are able to apply for membership, purchase monographs and copies of standards such as PS 9000, PS 9004 and PS 9100 and find out more about the certification scheme for suppliers.