World Quality Day is an opportunity for you to promote the key role that quality plays in your organisation.
How to promote quality in your organisation
There are many ways organisations can raise awareness of quality in and around the workplace. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Promote quality internally
In order for quality to become an important focus of business it needs to be something that is valued by the whole organisation. Make employees aware of what quality means to your organisation and show them how they can contribute.
Ideas for World Quality Day
Here are a few of our favourite ideas for initiatives that were organised by supporters last year:
- Hold joint workshops with clients and internal staff to focus on the practical realisation of quality
- Conduct and provide training courses on quality for all employees
- Quality suggestion competition - staff come up with ways of improving quality approaches internally. Include small presentations, videos and handouts containing articles from quality gurus
- Give teams a tin of chocolates, but before anyone can have any they have to come up with three ways in which they can improve quality in their work and how these ideas can be implemented on World Quality Day
- Create a quality group to plan activities to raise awareness throughout the year
- Place posters around the workplace and hand out World Quality Day promotional packs to help spread the word
- Hold lunch and learn sessions for general monthly discussions of quality.
Download the promotional material for this year.
Previous World Quality Days
World Quality Day 2012
World Quality Day 2011
World Quality Day 2010
World Quality Day 2009
World Quality Day 2008
Read about how other organisations participated last year.