Chartered Quality Professional – Member (CQP MCQI)
This grade is for those whose key discipline or main focus of their work is quality, including consultants and quality specialists.
This is our highest grade of membership and there is a two-stage application process – an application form, followed by an interview. If you prefer a one stage process, we recommend applying for Practitioner (PCQI) grade first, and then upgrading your membership once you have started receiving your membership benefits.
We assess all Chartered Quality Professional applications using the CQI Competency Framework.
Skills and Experience
You are able to execute activities in each of the five competency areas. You must be able to work unsupervised in at least one of the areas of Governance, Assurance, or Improvement. You must also have proactively demonstrated Leadership behaviours, and adapting your activities to the context of your business.
You have an understanding of what knowledge is required in each of the five competency areas. You can analyse and evaluate, and can adapt and apply your knowledge in most situations.
View our application guidance document for more information
Apply for this membership grade
- Download and complete the application form (PDF) (N.B You must save this file locally before you start filling in the form in order to ensure that your input is saved)
- Make sure you review our application guidance before submitting your application
- Enclose your payment – see our membership fees
- See a list of ways to pay
- Complete your application and send it to us, together with payment, by email . We advise against posting your application to us, as this will increase the time taken to process.
NB Please do not submit original documents/certificates.
Any hardcopy documentation sent to us will be destroyed as soon as it is uploaded onto our database.
If you would like your documentation returned to you, please ensure that you state this when you submit your documents.
This grade has Continuing Professional Development (CPD) recording as a requirement.
Find out how CPD can help you.
Not sure which grade?
Take the grade quiz and one of our specialist advisors will be in touch to discuss your results