This one-day course is designed to help delegates obtain an appreciation for the evolution of quality and hence the evolution of the role of the quality managers. The course provides an overview of the approaches that businesses may take in addressing their internal and external impacts with regard to social, economical and environmental issues; and how the management of these impacts could affect the customers' and top management's needs and expectations from the quality department/manager for their involvement and/or contributions towards a sustainable business.
Please click on your preferred date to make a booking:
||Non member fee|
| £295 excl.VAT
- The evolution of quality (the concept, national and international standards, products and services and their social, environmental and economical impacts)
- Evolution of the role of quality managers
- Quality today, quality in future, and the impact on quality management
- Diversity and the changing roles and responsibilities of quality managers
- Quality managers' interactions with top management, internal departments/employees, customers, suppliers
- Organization's products and services, their impacts, and sustainability
- Ongoing challenges for quality managers
- Technical challenges versus operational challenges
- Compliance, assessments, reviews and evaluations
- Quality assurance versus assurance of the organization's conformity and sustainability
- Innovation and quality
- Strategy for developing the quality manager's role to proactively address the changing needs and expectations of their customers and their organization's vision, mission and values.
Who should attend
- Quality managers wishing to know more about the quality management approach to sustained success of their organization
- Individuals responsible for quality or business improvement
- Individuals working within a team in the quality department
- Senior managers who want to investigate how the role of their quality managers can be developed towards achieving an effective integration and improvement of the various elements of their management system.
Why you should attend
- To understand the evolution of quality (the concept, national and international standards, products and services and their social, environmental and economical impacts) and the evolution of the quality managers’ role
- What is quality today, quality in future, and the impact on quality management and the changing roles and responsibilities of quality managers
- Understanding the importance of quality managers' interactions with top management, internal departments/employees, customers, suppliers, products and services, and their impacts and sustainability
- What are the ongoing challenges for quality managers: technical challenges versus operational challenges
- How to develop a strategy for developing the quality manager's role to proactively address the changing needs and expectations of their customers and their organization's vision, mission and values.
The course is highly interactive and exercises and discussions will be run throughout the sessions.
- Tutor presentations
- Discussions and delegates' participation throughout
- Group exercises/workshops
- Using accelerated learning techniques.
Delegates need to have knowledge and experience of quality management.
- Have a better understanding of the evolution of quality and the potentials within the business for the quality managers to contribute to the sustained success of their organization
- Be able to identify what further knowledge and skills they require for their career development and ambitions within the quality arena.
Day 1: 9:30 to 17:00
CQI notes for training delegates
- Please note that a “Certificate of attendance” is issued to delegates who fully attend all parts of the course that covers the course learning objectives.
Nina Abbassi is a highly skilled and expert quality professional. Subsequent to a successful career in quality management, Nina started her self-employment business in 1993. She is a trainer, consultant and internationally-renowned auditor. Being the Managing Director of Abbassi Ltd - a sought after consultancy company - has led Nina to become internationally recognized and her expertise is frequently requested by organizations such as the CQI.
Abbassi Ltd provides expertise in business improvement within the field of 'quality, environmental and social/ethical management systems' and the services include consultancy, training and auditing. These services are provided in the associated and relevant National and International standards/initiatives.
Nina is a senior CQI approved trainer and has been the CQI Training Business Support Advisor. Her experience and skills also encompass being a committee member of several standard development committees, including BSI SDS/1/1 Committee for the International Social Responsibility Standard ISO 26000, and she is also an IRCA reviewing officer for social systems.
Her experience means that Nina has worked in a range of organizations worldwide, not only as a consultant, trainer and auditor, but she is often also called upon by certification bodies and training organizations themselves to be their expert professional offering advice to other quality, environmental and social responsibility professionals.
CQI training courses
At the CQI we offer the very best in quality training for both experienced quality professionals and those completely new to the field. Our highly experienced trainers present a range of public courses covering a wide variety of topics, both introductory and advanced.
Fully flexible in-house training packages can be individually tailored to suit the needs of your organi\ation and are conducted on site at your premises by our experienced trainers. We can offer any of our public portfolio of courses in-house, as well as many other topics. Please contact us for more information or to discuss.
Contact CQI Training:
T: +44 (0) 20 7245 6696
F: +44 (0) 20 7245 6788